The Riviera Nayarit offers its visitors not only plenty of beaches but also the chance to go on a mountain adventure.
It’s precisely there, in the mountains across from the town of Higuera Blanca, where they’ll find the longest zip-line in the destination, measuring one kilometer over half a mile in length.
This adrenaline-fueled adventure is offered by Vista Paraíso within its Canopy Tour, which is made up of 10 lines: besides the 1k (.63 mile) line, there are others measuring 900m, 800m and 700m, plus other long zips.
The lines cross over hilltops and the participants are practically flying at altitudes between 120 and 150 meters (nearly 400 to 500 ft.) over sea level. They can reach speeds of up to 60 km/h (37 mph).
“We have an amazing, jaw-dropping view they won’t see anywhere else,” said Fidel Cuevas, Managing Director of Vista Paraíso. “From the lookout you can see the Islas Marietas and when the sky is clear you can see all the way to the Islas Marías.”
“Our relationship with the Riviera Nayarit CVB is great, we’re constantly working together to bring more visitors to the Destination. We’ve had plenty of celebrities visit us, including Tom Cruise, Chuck Norris, the Kardashian sisters and ex President Vicente Fox, among others,” he added.
The tour costs US$85 for tourists, but there’s a special price of $400 pesos for Nayarit and Puerto Vallarta locals.
Source: Blog Riviera Nayarit
- Whale Watching Season Ends Successfully this 2017 - 2017-04-21
- Chris Pratt’s getting a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame - 2017-04-18
- Bucerias Oyster Festival In Vallarta-Nayarit Is A Free Feast For All - 2017-04-17
- The XI Festival Vallarta Azteca of International Folklore - 2017-04-16
- Jamiroquai founding keyboardist Toby Smith dies aged 46 - 2017-04-16