Wednesday, May 23, 2018
Text Size
English Spanish
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Would you like something published in Vallarta today? Add it here!
We will review your submission, publish with your name as author or provide feedback.

TOPIC: Obtaining Residency

Obtaining Residency 3 years 3 months ago #6

  • Louis Palazzini
  • Louis Palazzini's Avatar

According to one of the many tourist books I have been reading, it was suggested to contact your paper about how to obtain residency. I went through your website and maybe I just missed it.

This is the situation: I am a retired American, 64 years old, receiving a pension as well as Social Security. I also have some rental income. There is also a friend, from Spain, 52 years old, who will be coming with me. Unfortunately, I am his sole support.

I know that the total time allowed for us is 180 days on a tourist visa, FM3. In most of the books, all I have to do is go back across the border and return with a new tourist card. However in one book, it was stated that Immigration is aware of this and now places a maximum stay of 180 days per year. Could you explain which is the case? I do not mind going to Mexico City if needed to extend or obtain the necessary documents for submission.

Therefore, please tell me where I can find this information to begin with. We are planning on coming to Puerto Vallarta at the end of July and there is a Mexican consulate here in Denver.

I look forward to your advice and suggestions.


Louis Palazzini
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Obtaining Residency 3 years 3 months ago #8

Hola Louis,

Mexico Immigration procedures have changed dramatically and are changing as I write this. The best way to keep up with the current status is work with Jorge in San Diego, California

He keeps up with all current rules and procedures


Vallarta Today Editor
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds

Please Support Our Local Sponsors