Friday, June 22, 2018
Text Size
English Spanish

INAPAM Discount Card – How To Get It?

INAPAMfrontI am getting ready to help a just turned 60 friend get his INAPAM discount card.

Here is info that should be useful to anyone interested in this FREE card, that doesn’t expire and therefore needs no renewal.

Who is elegible for the INAPAM card?

*Mexican Residents
*Residente Temporal
*Residente Permanente
*INM card holder
*Mexican Nationals

(In all cases you need to be at least 60 years of age)

This is one of the quickest and easiest of the many bureaucratic processes you will go through in Mexico, if you want to fully take advantage of all that is offered, read carefully:

First of all, you need to apply for your INAPAM card, in order to do so, you will need the following originals:

Passport (you may or may not be asked for this, to prove you’re at least 60 years of age)
INM card, (Residente Permanente or Residente Temporal (unless you are a citizen; your C.U.R.P. (Clave Unica de Registro de Poblacion, its an I.D. number assigned you by the Mexican Government)
Proof of residence address (comprobante de domicilio)
2 head shots and 2 profile photos sized 2.5 cm x 3.0 cm, (“Tamaño Infantil”).

The CURP number on your INM card is not sufficient. You need the card itself. It is easy and quick to get (you can even go online, download and print it).
You need copies of all of these documents except for the photographs.
For these items that are two sided, the copies need to have the front and back on the same side of the paper.
Your proof of residence address must be of the same quality as that used to secure your INM card, (not that they check it); that is, proof of your actual residence in Mexico, which can be a paid utility bill, bearing your actual address, or a utility service which is billed in your name.

If the utility account is in the name of another, then, in addition, you will a letter from that person:
1) signed under a declaration they are telling the truth; which 2) shows the address of the property; and, 3) names you as living there, with 4) the date on which you began living there- together with a copy of their personal identification.
Remember the front and back thing mentioned above. These items are per person, not per couple, so a married couple needs one copy of the CFE, or other, bill for each of you. You need take the documents to the offices of D.I.F (Desarollo Integral de la Familia).

You will need to take a Spanish speaker with you, unless you have confidence in your Spanish, as the whole interview may occur in Spanish. You will be asked to produce all the originals and copies at this time. You will also be fingerprinted, all ten prints, and you will now be photographed, (like at Costco), but it’s better to bring the photos and not need them, than to need them an not have them.

At the interview you may be asked many questions related to the type of dwelling you live in, its furnishings, and equipment.
You may be asked, with particularity, about who else lives with you, and you WILL be asked who locally is to be contacted in the event of an emergency, their name, address and phone number.

At the end of the process, your originals will be returned to you, and you will be presented with an official Government of Mexico I.D. card with, not just one, but two photos of you, your C.U.R.P. number, your signature, your thumbprint, your full name, date of birth, address and phone number; and, the name and phone number of the emergency contact.

After all this, you’re now ready to get out there and spend, using your new INAPAM card, which has no expiration date, meaning you only have to go through this process, once! THERE IS NO FEE FOR THE INAPAM CARD.

Source: The Yucatan Times

Please Support Our Local Sponsors