Puerto Vallarta is located in the west of the Jalisco state where Sierra Madre Occidental and Bahía de Banderas meet in the Pacific Ocean.
It borders the Nayarit state to the north and to the south, it borders the town of Cabo Corrientes and Talpa de Allende. To the east it borders with San Sebastian and Mascota and to the west it borders with the Pacific Ocean.
Arriving by Plane:
Arriving by plane to Puerto Vallarta from Mexico City takes about 1 hour and from Monterrey it takes 2 hours. Most of the Mexican airlines have direct flights to this holiday destination.
1. Guadalajara Miguel Hidalgo y Costilla International Airport. // Guadalajara-Puerto Vallarta. Duration: 50 min.
2. Benito Juárez International Airport, México City. // Mexico City-Puerto Vallarta. Duration: 1 hour, 30 min
3. Monterrey General Mariano Escobedo International Airport. // Monterrey-Puerto Vallarta. Duration: 1 hour, 40 min
4. Tijuana General Abelardo L. Rodríguez. International Airport. // Tijuana-Puerto Vallarta. Duration: 2 hours, 40 min
5. Tuxtla Gutiérrez Ángel Albino Corzo International Airport. // Tuxtla Gutiérrez-Puerto Vallarta. Duration: 4 hours, 30 min.
Arriving by Sea
Our city is one of the main stops of one of the 270 cruises that arrive at Puerto Vallarta every year. A recent extension of the Sea Terminal increased its capacity so that it could recieve upto four times as many boats simultaneously. Its an incredible way to arrive at Puerto Vallarta. Among the cruise liners that visit Puerto Vallarta are:
Norwegian Cruise Line
Royal Caribbean International
Arriving by Land
The port is linked to Guadalajara by three roads: the Guadalajara-Compostela-Puerto Vallarta freeway, the Guadalajara-Autlán-Puerto Vallarta freeway and the pilgrimage route Guadalajara-Ameca-Talpa/Mascota- Puerto Vallarta. Many bus routes go to this city. Some of them are ETN, Primera Plus, Futura, Vallarta Plus and TAP.
1. Guadalajara, Jalisco // Guadalajara - Puerto Vallarta. Duration: 4 Hrs.
2. Tepic, Nayarit // Tepic - Puerto Vallarta. Duration: 2 Hrs
3. Aguascalientes, Aguascalientes // Aguascalientes - Puerto Vallarta. Duration: 5 Hrs
4. León, Guanajuato // León - Puerto Vallarta. Duration: 5 Hrs.
5. Querétaro, Querétaro // Querétaro - Puerto Vallarta. Duration: 7 Hrs.
6. Mexico City // Mexico City - Puerto Vallarta. Duration: 8 Hrs.
Source: Visit Puerto Vallarta
- The Government Has Officially Admitted That Marijuana Kills Cancer Cells - 2017-04-24
- How the Simple Act of Being in Nature Helps You De-Stress - 2017-04-23
- Here's How You Can Get Pregnant Without Having Sex - 2017-04-18
- What to Do When You Want to Retire but Don't Have Enough Money - 2017-04-17
- What really happens to your body when you travel - 2017-04-15