The 2017 version of the American Legion Post 14 Chili Cook Off is taking place on Saturday, February 25.
This will be the FIFTH annual Chili Cook Off for the Post. Last year an estimated 500 paying customers sampled chili’s from 20 different sponsors. This year’s event looks to be at least as large.
As in year’s past, the event will take place at El Rio BBQ Restaurant in Paso Ancho. It’s a beautiful location right along the river.
Gates will open at noon and tasting will begin at 1:00 pm.
There will be four bands playing for your entertainment pleasure until 5:00 pm.
Tickets are available at any sponsor or at our Post Headquarters – Steve’s Sports Bar on Basilio Badillo in Old Town Vallarta. Donation ticket cost is 250 pesos.
The easiest way to get to the event is to catch the Route 4 Blue bus from downtown – or take a taxi. There will be limited parking.
Besides organizing and hosting the event - Post 14 will be one of the Chili Making sponsors – with Post Members Ron Abbe and Stan Francis preparing their AWARD-WINNING Chili once again (get in line soon – it runs out fast). Last year Ron and Stan won BOTH the Judges Competition and the Popular Vote!!
IMPORTANT – the event relies on Post Members as volunteers for a multitude of duties (none particularly difficult). Please contact J. R. Wilson at JRinMX(at)gmail.com to add your name to the volunteer list. WE REALLY NEED HELP! This year volunteers will be given a special “Chili Cook Off Staff” shirt to wear at the event.
- How To Hang Out With Jorge The Bartender In Mexico from The 'Bachelor In Paradise' - 2017-03-21
- ‘Beauty and the Beast’ Clobbers Record With $170 Million Opening - 2017-03-20
- 5 Suggestions To Decide The Greatest Time For Fishing In Puerto Vallarta - 2017-03-19
- There are Only 3 Market Days Remaining This Season At The Tianguis In Lo De Marcos! - 2017-03-19
- Matt Damon And Other Celebrities In The Riviera Nayarit - 2017-03-16